The Student News Site of John Jay College of Criminal Justice

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

Treasurer Candidates

Asia M. Johnson

Money talks – this is why I have decided to run for Treasurer of John Jay’s Student Council to get my vision of a better John Jay for students accomplished. I want to create the first Student Council sponsored scholarship/s, create an executive bulletin board full of Student Council Executive Board updates for more transparency to students, invest into upgrading school facilities, and lastly create a spectacular field trip mixed with regular students, Student Council members, and clubs for more student engagement plus networking. I know I will do the role of Treasurer effectively because I have experience of being a leader (ex: Student Council, Peer Ambassador, creating a 3-week day event called “Black Latin Culture Week”, being Vice President of a club). Voting for me means voting for actions and not words.

Paula Caceres

My name is Paula Caceres, and I’m running for Treasurer of John Jay College’s Student Council. Throughout my tenure at John Jay, I’ve served as a representative for students the moment I had the opportunity to, as both a freshman and sophomore representative. During my time, I have worked closely with the former Treasurer and our current Treasurer; and sat on two major budget committees: Committee on Budget and Committee on Clubs. I help organize and structure a Student Council Budget of $250,000, in the hopes of creating or continuing certain campus wide events, and was responsible for allocating budgets to 60 Student Organizations and Clubs of $122,000. I look forward to hearing from and speaking to as many students as possible this campaign season.